- Device Information
- Physical Location
- Financial Information
- Telephone Number
- Device Information The Application may collect certain information automatically when you download, connect to or use the Application. Such information may include the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device’s unique device identifier, the IP address of your mobile device, and information about the way you use the Application. CYC and/or its authorized service providers may receive such information and use it to operate and improve the Application and to deliver services and content, including push notifications.
- Physical Location We obtain your consent before collecting location information. Location information enables the Application to establish the approximate location of your mobile device. CYC and/or its authorized service providers may use and store this information, in combination with other location-based information (such as IP address), to provide requested location services (e.g., identification of nearby theatres) and to deliver enhanced location based services and other content, including push notifications. You may withdraw your consent at any time to the collection of your location information and/or to receive push notifications (see “Opt-Out Procedures” below).
- Financial Information When you make in app club purchases or make any other payments through the Application, CYC and/or its authorized service providers may request that you provide certain personal and financial information in order to process your order. Such information may include name, e-mail address, PayPal account information, Member Number, credit or debit card number, expiration date, billing address and other financial and billing information. CYC and/or its authorized service providers may collect and use this information to process, confirm, and record the payments you make through the Application. Please see the Security section below for further details.
- Telephone Number We may also provide you with an opportunity to opt in to receive special offers and other text messages on your wireless telephone by giving us your wireless telephone number.
OUR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION As a general matter, we seek to use information collected through the Application to enhance the experience of users of our services. We (including our affiliates and authorized service providers) may use this information in a number of ways, including:
- To furnish you with products or services you have requested, or to send you information or otherwise contact you about CYC, or its affiliates, their products, services, advertising, upcoming events, special offers or promotions, text messages, or for other purposes disclosed when you submit your information by using the Application.
- To assist us in marketing and advertising our products and services and those of other businesses.
- To improve the content and functionality of the Application.
- To prevent and detect fraud, infringement, and other potential misuse of the Application.
- In order to provide you with products and services you have requested, we may share your information, including personally identifiable information or information we maintain on an aggregate basis, with third parties who provide services to CYC and its affiliates, such as credit card processing, customer services, order fulfillment, and/or prize delivery, as applicable.
TEXT MESSAGING By opting in to receive text messages, such as by providing CYC with your wireless telephone number or by signing up through the Application, you agree that CYC may send you coupons and marketing text or e-mail messages at that telephone number using an automatic telephone dialing system. These messages may include Short Message Service (“SMS”) messages.
Please note that the Application may contain links to content providers that collect information from children under the age of 13. We have no control over such content providers and are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other web sites or mobile applications. Because the Internet and mobile applications offer open access to a wide range of information, it is important that parents supervise and prevent access to inappropriate content, email or chat sessions.
We do not share information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes
The Application may use third party authorized service providers to provide us with analytical data about your use of the Application. We may deploy devices, such as cookies, that enable those third parties to anonymously collect and aggregate usage data and report it back to us. Third parties that we engage to provide analytics services and to assist in providing the Application’s tools and services cannot use your personal information for their own purposes, unrelated to the Application, without your explicit consent
THIRD-PARTY SITES The Application contains links to web sites and other applications that provide services related to the Application (such as payment processing services) or that we believe you might find useful and informative. Also, the Application may utilize social networking sites that are not owned or controlled by CYC. Please be aware, however, that CYC does not endorse or recommend the content or services of such web sites or applications, and CYC is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other sites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of each web site and application you visit and use.
SECURITY CYC will maintain appropriate safeguards to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of any customer information under CYC’s control. Please be aware that the transmission of information over wireless and wired networks is not inherently secure, and, although we endeavor to provide reasonable security measures, no security systems can prevent all potential security breaches.
CYC does not collect, process, or store financial information through the Application, including credit card and other payment information that you provide when purchasing other than CYC Member Number information.
OPT-OUT PROCEDURES You can stop all collection of information by the Application by uninstalling the Application from your mobile device. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
You can also withdraw your consent to receive “push” notifications and/or to the collection of your physical location information at any time by disabling or changing the related functionality or setting as provided in your mobile device. To do this, log in then change your Group to a NO MESSAGES Group.
Carolina Yacht Club, 401 S. Lumina Avenue, Wrightsville Beach, NC 28480 Attention: Customer Service
Or call us at: 910-256-3396